.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

May 23, 2005

Dirty Linen

I've come to the conclusion that women have much higher expectations of their partner than men do.

I try very hard to be a good husband and father.

I'm not perfect: I play guitar too much: I don't cut the grass enough: I have too many weekend benders that involve more than 2 cans of Softlad Lite Lager: I'm insensitive enough to ask when she shouldn't have to be telling me what to do, or what it is that's wrong. That sort of thing.

On the whole I do feel that I make an effort.

But most of the time I feel like I'm the enemy within, even though I don't know what I've done wrong.

I haven't said anything to her about her credit and debit cards. I don't complain when she drags me off to three Salsa events a week. I don't say anything about the state of the house when I get home and she has been off work, or that I am expected to sort the children out at bedtime at least six nights a week while she goes up her allotment for some quality time.

But, even so, I walk eggshells and still feel like I am hated.

Is this unusual? I get the feeling that it is normal. Is it just what you automatically get after the first ten years of being with someone?

1 Comments:

  • I can vouch that I'm in the same boat after just 4 years.

    Is this a record?

    By Blogger Andrew, at 6:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home