.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

May 19, 2005

TAXATION (Slight return)

I've moaned resignedly about tax and its complications before.

But something very strange and out-of-the-blue happened yesterday.

But first some more background.

This year I filled out my tax return and posted it on the day I got my P60. I must be one of the first to return the form this year.

In due course I received a letter saying that I owed them £1.60 and that they would contact me later in the year regarding payment. I thought, "fuck that!" and paid immediately on-line.

So I'm quits and bang up-to-date, with no possibility of getting any fines for late payments, underpayments, lost forms or anything.

Yesterday I received a letter from the Inland Revenue. I opened it thinking "here we go" and getting ready to see how many hundreds of nicker that I mysteriously now owe due to a miscalculation in the 18th century.

(shocked silence)

"After reviewing your account we have decided that you do not need to complete a self-assessed tax return for us each year."

Amen! It's only taken seven years for them to come to the same conclusion as me.

1 Comments:

  • Nnoooooooooooooooooooo!

    I found a letter that my wife had hidden from the Inland Revenue telling me not to pay them the £1.60 owed because they have changed my tax code to recover it at source.

    Here we go again.

    By Blogger SimonHolyHoses, at 10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home