.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 21, 2005

Laugh if you must

Two years ago I bought my wife some earrings that she really liked.

Fast forward two years to two months ago. The Lakeside gallery in Nottingham sent out a brochure listing forthcoming events.

I bought those earrings in their shop.

On the back of the brochure was a shot of a necklace matching those earrings. No credit or mention of the person who created the jewellery was involved.

My wife announced, "that is what I want for xmas" (the necklace).

I went to the Lakeside today to see if I could source one. You know the outcome, don't you? None for sale, no idea who made them, no chance of finding one.

So that means I'm doomed to giving the usual Now That's What I Call Music #34322 CD from the local petrol station, purchased on the way home on xmas eve, while hazily driving the car, dazzled and dowsed in lunchtime alcohol.

******************************

UPDATE: I've been in touch with the University's marketing department (Lakeside is affiliated with Nottingham University). They're looking into this. It's now likely that I will at least get a name. They may even have the necklace somewhere too. We shall see.


******************************

UPDATE2: The marketing department contacted the person who liaises with the people who do the work (I was tempted to say "crafty ones" but that is plain wrong). She believes that I'm referring to a series of work entitled "hotmetal". If so then they should be able to get me one of the necklaces. Not in time for xmas (it is only a day or so away and I don't have the time to go over there today) but early in the new year. How's that for proof that the enormous wheels of Marketing have true power.

Anyway, a huge huge "thank you" Sofia Nazar and Camilla Moore at the University of Nottingham for being so helpful.

2 Comments:

  • Now SOMEONE clearly took the picture, so for no-one to know what the image was of is just bad management on their part.

    Bet the designer of said jewellery would be less than chuffed as well at the lost sale...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 10:10 am  

  • I've tried emailing named people in marketing there. One replied saying she left yesterday, the other that she won't be in until after xmas.

    I haven't quite given up yet.

    By Blogger SimonHolyHoses, at 10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home