.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 10, 2006

Double CD cases

I'm starting to feel like a consumer cripple because I have a problem with double CD cases.

Whenever I try to open one I end up breaking it. For a start there doesn't seem to be a standard way of opening them: should you open from the left? Should you open from the right? Is there some sort of double-back catch mechanism that you can trap and scratch one of the CDs in?

Whatever, I end up applying force in the wrong place and snap off some sort of delicate yet critical hinge mechanism made from the most brittle plastic known to humanity.

I hate them.

3 Comments:

  • I once bought a triple case for myself, for some software that came on 3 discs, and I broke it the first time I opened it.

    Did you have some kind of stroke towards the end of that post, Si? Because the spelling at the end is very special.

    By Blogger bot37363838, at 4:48 am  

  • Heh heh heh. That was good work! Was that four spelling mistakes in one sentence?

    Returning to topic, I also seem to be blessed with receiving cases in which the ring of tags in the centre that hold the CD in the case is either completely smashed or so tight that you end up bending the CD by about 30 degrees trying to lever it off. Hair-raising stuff.

    By Blogger SimonHolyHoses, at 4:52 am  

  • I am so with you on this. How has the double CD case persisted so long when it is such an obviously atrocious piece of design?

    Must be a conspiracy by the music industry to increase the likelihood of us damaging CDs and having to by new ones.

    By Anonymous Rafael, at 7:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home