.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 20, 2006

In which I doubt a purpose in dreams

I woke up at 5am this morning with a shock; bolt upright, the room dark and still, the dream I'd just been having still clear in my mind.

Now, I thought I understood the purpose of dreams: I thought they were about feelings rather than events. They replicate feelings that we have, for cathartic purposes, and that comes down from the lower order brain - hippocampus or something - and has nothing to do with logic or reason.

But this dream was weird. I dreamt that Jennifer Aniston was Jesus and was being crucified, bare breasted, upon the holy rood itself.

Now most men have crucifiction dreams, so I can understand that - afterall most of us feel able to relate directly to the Bubby himself. But Jennifer Aniston?

What's that all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home