.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 16, 2006

Mostly listening to... #63

I was being lazy this week and listening to older stuff mostly.

a) Led Zeppelin - How the West was Won - triple live CD. Live recordings, eh? Mostly just existing to fulfill contractual obligations. This one is, so far as I'm aware, an exception; released because they thought it was viable.

b) our very own Rob - Radiography - I played some guitar on this, but it was a couple of years ago, and while I was trying to get back up to speed. Rob is no mean songwriter, so it was good to listen to this. Some of my playing makes me wince now, but most of what I did on Sway is OK: I think I was messing with a backward echo, compression, and a volume swell pedal. It was also during the time when I was listening a lot to By the Way by RHCP and all that minimalist guitar style.

c) Dr Bob Goes to the Movies - a compilation put together by Rob as the result of one of our on-blog lists (10 favourite movie songs?) - Nice to listen to stuff that you wouldn't normally get to hear.

Which reminds me, we've not had one for a while, so here goes... what's your top 5 all-time best live albums? (Limited to 5 to minimise repetition and to accomodate my limited attention span.)

1 Comments:

  • I can highly recommend that Radiogramography (to give it its full title), but the follow-up, Chunk Honey, is even better

    By Blogger bot37363838, at 8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home