.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

October 11, 2004

The next Big Thing

As we suffer a morning with a clogged email server due to someone else's problem (thanks, someone else), it occurs to me that the Next Big Thing will be people using the internet telephony software like Skype to automatically dial people with recorded advertising messages.

Which is why the technology needs to be strangled at birth. Please. Or we'll all have to have a voicemail call-routing system. "Press 1 to be connected." But even that might not be able to cope with the traffic clogging the phone lines. Makes you want to weep.

In other news, I've had a mobile phone for about 6 months now, and I still don't use it much. More than I thought I would, but not much. And you see people, obviously, using their mobiles all the time. I can only assume that they're all conducting illicit affairs and/or having loads of customer-service related issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home