.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 18, 2005

John Wayne Walking

The excellence of Lari White's Green Eyed Soul has prompted my to go into my record collection and listen to all her previous stuff. The interesting thing for me here is that I never paid much attention before. She wasn't quite "country" enough to fulfil my Jones for country music, so I tended to listen once or twice, then just pick out the obvious ones for in-car compos. I never considered any of them for the car boot sale, though, because the tracks I liked I knew I'd always like.

But now I can put on one of her early records and listen afresh, it's really been like discovering a new artist. Her voice is that unique mix of country-soul that makes Green Eyed Soul stand out, but she also always had a strong range of material on her records, much of it co-written by White herself.

Some of the stuff will be out of print, but the second hand market on Amazon is pretty good these days; failing anything else, you should be able to get hold of The Best of Lari White quite easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home