.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 06, 2005

Tesco Nation (short reprise)

Ah, yes, people are starting to notice, Mr Bond, but it is already too late... mwah mwah ha ha ha!
"Tesco, thanks to its move into clothing and other non-food lines, now accounts for £1 in every eight spent in shops in Britain. On one calculation, its UK sales account for 2.6% of the country's gross domestic product. With 237,000 staff in the UK, it employs twice as many people as the British army."

Problem for me is, I live in a town with two supermarkets, and one of them is Budgen. Now, I'm not going to get hearts of palm, low fat mozzarella, fennel and other "exotic" vegetables etc in Budgens, am I? So the only real choice is T*sco, or drive 18 miles to Sainsbury's or Waitrose.

But I think I might take Saino's up on their "6,000 lowered prices" offer... paying with my T*sco credit card, natch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home