.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

July 05, 2005

Ocado Ocaday

Although I have dismissed online grocery shopping in the recent past, I do like to think that there is a small gap in the closed steel trap of my mind, so I was interested to read on The Register today that the on-line shopping experience is getting better.

Now, I still wouldn't trust a Tesco or Saino's employee to choose my fresh fruit and veg and cuts of meat etc., but when it comes to Waitrose/Ocado it is of course a different matter. Basically, you'd be hard pushed to find anything in Waitrose that isn't top quality. They don't just sell free range eggs, for example, they sell Organic Columbian Blacktail eggs (a multibuy, too). They don't just sell barbecue briquettes, they sell Olive and Walnut Wood Charcoal Briquettes.

So I've done an order today, as an experiment, with delivery scheduled this Saturday. The problem of forgetting half the things you actually need when you shop on-line remains, and it will be interesting to see what happens when the Ocado van driver realises I've booked a delivery on British Grand Prix qualifying day - when access routes to Buckingham will be closed and/or blocked with diverted traffic.

I do like a laugh.

1 Comments:

  • minus ten points for the gilbert o'sullivan reference in the title.

    By Blogger roy, at 6:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home