.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

October 20, 2005

Dagnabit!

I decry this whole Getting Things Done cult. As the Guardian article says, GTD is the Atkins Diet of information, the Trinny and Susannah of work, the Life Laundry of business.

The article mentions that people with messy desks often have very tidy computer systems. I would like it to be known that I have a messy desk and a messy computer system. I "file" things in folders called "crap" and clean everything up only when I get a new computer with a new hard drive.

My desk is periodically tidied, but within 30 minutes, the crap begins to build up again.

And yet? I've got a very tidy brain, I'm organised, and anyone who knows me will confirm that I get things done, and always have. Never miss a deadline. Always do the things quickly that can be done quickly, have always been happy to delegate as appropriate, and don't have an inbox full of worrying stuff. Don't have an inbox at all, in fact.

I have always managed this with my superior brain power. This GTD crap allows mere mortals to behave as if they were me, and I don't like it, no I don't.

[signed] Dick Solomon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home