.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 10, 2003

...which reminds me

At my middle school, there was a bunch of boys who were at once great friends and mortal enemies. They rotated loyalty and cruelty as a shared resource. There were 5 or 6 of them, and 1 or 2 of them would be out of favour at any one time, subject to cruel pranks and hilarious practical jokes.

I was not involved, but an observer of all this in my Rupert The Bear school trousers and unfashionable shoes.

I don't remember many of the names. Still, one morning one of the guys (let's call him Dave) came into school claiming to have placed a ladder at the side of another one's house. Let's call him Anthony. So Dave claimed that, having placed said ladder at the side of Anthony's house, he'd climbed up to the bathroom window and listened while Anthony was having a shit.

Dave said Anthony was sitting there with his eyes closed, right fist held up to the side of his head, calling out, "Operator, operator, send me some down."

I often do this myself, for old times' sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home