.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 20, 2004

Track update update update

Here then is that finished tune I was talking about a few days ago: Explain This.

On the whole I'm pleased with it. The feel is there. I'm quite pleased with the sound of the new harpmonica, as it goes, and for once my Telecaster sounds OK (I think the Tonelab helps a lot). I had my usual nightmare trying to get the drums to sound good, but I've accepted that my lot is not to know how to do drums.

Drums are the only virtual instrument on this (Groove Agent midi output with Native Instruments Battery); everything else is for real. The vocal is one of my 8 o clock in the morning sit-down specials. I planned to re-record it, but thought it was probably OK as it was. So one take for that. The microphone I used was the same one I used for the acoustic guitar: Beyerdynamic Opus 53, which, believe it or not, is exactly the same as the MCE 530, (scroll down to see it) but cheaper, and silver instead of black.

It's on there as a percussion microphone, but like a lot of small diaphragm condensers, it can record almost anything, and is fairly flat and neutral in the way it records things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home