.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

April 20, 2004

Self Portrait

I always liked Bob Dylan's Self Portrait, because I dig the era he was in, the simplicity of the songs he was writing. The album has a spontaneous, live, feel to it, and his voice was in the "Lay Lady Lay" era of mellow woolliness.

On holiday, I got to thinking about recording some songs in a similar vein. Not spending a lot of time over it, but covering songs I love, which speak to me. The #1 rule should be, you shouldn't change the lyrics in any respect.

So what would I record?

1. You Aint Goin' Nowhere (Dylan - More Greatest Hits version)
2. The Cryin' Game (Sara Evans)
3. I'll Follow the Sun (Beatles for Sale)
4. I've Just Seen a Face (Help)
5. Where I Used to Have a Heart (Martina McBride)
6. If I Left you (Kelly Willis - and I think I'd give...)
7. Get Real (...a go as well, though I might have trouble singing it)
8. Tears of Rage (The Band)

Others might occur to me as I'm going along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home