.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

September 21, 2004

Heal th Matters

A lot of you have written to ask how the old blood pressure and cholesterol test went. I still have a big bruise, by the way, from the needle-digging ham-fisted nurse who took the blood.

I was at the doctors yesterday morning for the results, and everything is more or less fine. My blood pressure, amazingly, was completely normal (and effect of the weekend? Perhaps, though it wasn't exactly stress-free); and my cholesterol is just 0.3 over the "safe" level. The doctor basically said there was nothing that warranted any treatment and so I was dismissed.

I'm supposed to go back in 3 months, but, quite honestly, it's a total waste of time, isn't it? I've been through this whole thing twice this year with the same outcome.

I'm not entirely sure if the Benecol drinks are working or not, but I'll err on the side of "can't do any harm" and keep it up, though I've switched to the Flora equivalent for now. I'm looking for that perfect dietary balance between chips and cholesterol-reducing plant esters.

So it's just the brain tumour to worry about for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home