.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

September 15, 2004

Hungry

Obviously I've got a vested interest in reading articles about too much salt in the diet and high blood pressure etc. I love the theory that babies get hooked on salt in the womb, depending on how sick their mother was:
"dehydration linked with vomiting might have something to do with a fondness for salt."
But, in a way, I have some sympathy with the view that salt is not the problem - that some people are just ill. For years and years I haven't eaten much salt. Don't put much in food when I'm cooking and never add it afterwards. It's hard to see how much more I could cut out of my diet. I guess there's the problem of prepared foods, and it's hard to keep track of what you're eating. Breakfast cereals can contain a lot of salt, for example, which in some cases you'd think would be good for you. But I tend to eat something like a bagel for breakfast (0.8g).

I had a gammon steak the other day that was like a giant salt tablet, and of course a fondness for BLTs is potentially fatal. I'm just not sure I'm eating too much overall.

Hmmmm.... BLT....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home