.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

September 24, 2004

iPod Bubble Bursts

So the backlash begins. In subtle ways at first, and then more stridently, the iPod trend is over. Have Apple realised? Do they have a contingency plan? See: Guardian Unlimited | Arts Friday Review | Boy in a bubble
The music lent some kind of dramatic import to what I was experiencing. Without it, I felt empty. Mostly, I now realise, it just made my days feel like some cheesy Dawson's Creek episode."

And, more in-depth and industry-focused:
The Register analyses the future of the music industry
Of course, the industry won't ever go for Orlowski's suggestions, which are surely made in jest more than anything. But that figure, of around, £10,000 to fill an iPod to capacity (if you do it legally) should give people pause. Have I spent that much on music in my lifetime? Probably. But will I spend it again? Certainly not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home