.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

October 18, 2004

Culinary

I once cooked Sole Veronique for some friends who came to dinner. Only I'd never tried the recipe before. I looked at the ingredient list, went shopping, and only referred to the method when people had arrived and were chatting to my then-gf in the living room.

Ho ho.

Skinning sole is not easy, which is why Delia suggests getting the fishmonger to do it. If you use a fishmonger. If you get some spotty kid in Tesco or Sainsbury's, forget it. Peeling and de-seeding grapes is no fun, either, which you'll note Delia advises you do "well in advance."

Haven't cooked or eaten it since. Put me off for life, I tell you. I am extremely squeamish about fish, unless it is the "regular, square kind."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home