.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

November 10, 2004

Instant

Had she not been cremated, my mother would have turned in her grave last weekend, when I "made" what can only be termed an instant Sunday dinner. We bought a roasted chicken from Sainsbury's, together with a pre-prepared salad. And I bought a pack of 12 frozen yorkshire puddings (4 minutes in the oven) and threw it all together with instant mashed potato (bought in Costco) and instant gravy (just add boiling water). From carrier bag to table inside 5 minutes. Fantastic.

I'm eating too much at the moment, what with the stress and boredom created by the house move. The one guaranteed cure for snacking is to be busy with something on my Mac, but unfortunately the Mac is buried under a load of junk, because we simply haven't the space to store all the things from our old house in our current rented house.

Things are dragging along, as they always do. Two weeks ago I'd have settled for an end-of-November completion; and a week ago I was even optimistic about mid-month, say around the 19th. But though it's still quite early in the month, my hopes of moving before it ends are fading.

So I sit in the evening watching Seinfeld etc on DVD, and eating stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home