.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 14, 2004

Review

It's time for our traditional review of the year's events.

  • January: In some ways, it seems like yesterday; in others, a long time ago. And that's the way it is with a true Spaniard. I don't remember much about January.

  • February: What can I say about this month that hasn't been said before, by people more qualified than I? By people who can actually remember it, for example.

  • March surprised us all, by coming 3rd yet again. I have vague memories of some sunny weather in this month, though I could be wrong.

  • April featured both April Fool's Day and Easter. Went on holiday this month, to Provence, a gite near Les Baux. It was quite enjoyable, though the kids were restless and bored in the rain on the last day. I loved it down there, though we decided to wait till Whitsun next year, and return to the Vendee, as the weather wasn't great on a couple of days and Provence is a long way to go for a short visit. Also, in April, I decided I wanted to move house, and we put the house on the market.

  • May: expected the sell the house this month, but didn't.

  • June. Coming halfway through the year, June caught many on the hop. I don't remember much about it, and we didn't sell the house. Again.

  • July. Another summer, another trip to France, another month in which the house didn't sell. Ever so slightly perturbed, we started renting a property and planned to move out anyway.

  • August. Relocation, relocation, relocation.

  • September. Finally, we sell the house, but now we're stuck in a chain trying to buy one.

  • October. Only a couple of months ago, and yet I don't remember much about it.

  • November. A complete mystery to me. Darker mornings, feeling quite depressed and stressed at work. But we finally get to move in to our new house.

  • December: much of which remains a mystery to me for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home