.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

April 19, 2006

Why is this so funny?


I'm a bit of a secret petrol head, in spite of my spotless environmental credentials (I hate hypocrisy, but I'm always prepared to make an exception in my own case), so I do like to read the motoring pages in national newspapers on the web. I'm currently struggling with a mid-life-crisis urge to buy an Alfa Romeo Brera, which just has to be the most beautiful thing on 4 wheels ever (even if it is bound to break down). So what if the kids have to hunch up in the back, and there's no room for more than a token Tesco carrier bag in the boot? I'll just shop every day instead of once a week.

Anyway, I check out the Telegraph and Times motoring pages, as well as Top Gear on the web. I even occasionally buy an actual magazine, though why would you? But of all the motoring sections, the funniest one is, of course, The Guardian's, where they feel obliged to balance the yin of every car road test with the yang of a column about cycling.

It makes me chuckle every time. Follow the link above for an hilarious incident involving a wicked white van and a hapless cyclist.

2 Comments:

  • I'm still after the S4, much more understated. Still the Alfa isn't half bad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 am  

  • buy it

    By Blogger Roldy, at 11:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home