.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

May 10, 2006

dum de Dundas

Ah, remember this?
When I wake up in the mornin' light
I pull on my jeans and I feel all right
I pull my blue jeans on, I pull my old blue jeans on
I pull my blue jeans on, I pull my old blue jeans on

Yes, that's right. David Dundas' 1976 Brutus Jeans advert tie-in hit was revived a couple of years ago by none other than Keith Urban of that parish. It's a big number in his live act, too.

I was saying the other day how I loved my kids' taste in music. Being 5 and 8 respectively, they essentially go for anything that gives them a good bop, so of course they're unlikely to go for that song Faith Hill does about a baby that died, or any of that sort of tragic, divorce-death-and-taxes kind of thing.

No, they like a good beat and a catchy chorus, something with a hook. They absolutely love Joy Lynn White's version of "A Certain Boy" (originally "A Certain Girl") with its call-and-response lyrics.

But David Dundas? There's obviously no limit to what you might get into if you lose all your preconceptions and weren't born in 1976.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home