.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 08, 2004

Bunter of the Week

from the headline you'd think Microsoft were going to be targeting transvestites.

I know I'm wildly prejudiced, but somehow everything that comes out of Bill Gates' mouth sounds like shit to me. It's not just that he apes everything Steve Jobs says; it's not just that he always presents borrowed ideas as his own; it's that he's so clearly not remotely embarassed by this.

Which is his business secret of course. To blatantly steal, borrow, copy, and pretend that you didn't. To brazen it out. Like the way he so openly lied when MS was being investigated. A bare-faced, "I don't recall, I don't remember" in the same category as Bill Clinton's, "I did not have sexual intercourse with that woman."

If Bill Gates was English, he'd have played tennis up the park during Wimbledon fortnight without a blush. And he'd have said, "Wimbledon? What's that?" if you'd asked him about it.

I swear, I'd be using a manual typewriter and a cassette portastudio if Apple didn't exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home