.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 05, 2004

reading

I've been reading Berlin: The Downfall,1945 which I picked up under the misapprehension that it was another book about Berlin in 1945, not concerned with the fall so much as the aftermath. But then it would have been called Berlin: The Aftermath. Something like this, perhaps.

I think I was looking for something on espionage again, but The Downfall is a fascinating read, if disturbing.

I've also been reading a few Michael Connelly books, with more on their way. Great stuff. A little different, because his main detective character, Bosch, doesn't do wisecracks and sarcasm. Instead his line tends to be "Bosch said nothing." Because people then fill the silence.

Reading Connelly made me borrow Blood Work from Blockbuster at the weekend. I gather it's got a totally different ending from the book, but a good film with an interesting premise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home