.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 28, 2004

Crapware

B bought some software, some French software, some 30 quid french software.

Working as I do in the computer industry, I fully expected it to be rubbish, full of bugs, the usual story. It's genealogy software, so it involves inputting a fair few dates. One bug it had was that it didn't display said dates properly, rendering the month invisible.

This was such a gumption trap, no fault of hers, but it made B feel annoyed, and then depressed. She was in a rotten mood this morning, and I knew she was thinking about it. There's nothing worse than spending money on something and then discovering that it is shite.

I bought a pair of Dr Martens in France last summer, and the sole of one shoe cracked/split almost immediately. I'd have taken them back, but, you know, I bought them in France. So pissed off was I, especially as they were a combination of my two favourite shoes: desert boots and DMs.

I've downloaded a patch, a software patch, a French software patch, which will fix the problem, I hope. But it's strange to be reminded how regular people who aren't surrounded by their crapness every day can be surprised when computers/software doesn't work properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home