.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 30, 2004

Nother demo

First of all, I'd like to apologise for my abuse of the British people yesterday. I don't know what came over me.

I've been messing around at work with a few others, with a song one of the other guys wrote, and it's prompted me to want to collaborate on something of my own again, especially with Si on guitar.

A while ago, you may remember, I borrowed an Adrenalinn I just to see what it was like. Over the day or so I had it, I recorded a guitar/drum track of one of my oldies (1990/91 vintage), and I've been wanting to go back to it and do the song with some kind of Daniel Lanois-style influence.

The Adrenalinn is limited in that it only has a stereo out, so it's difficult (if not impossible) to record the drum machine output separately from the effected guitar. It's all of a piece anyway. So my idea would be to try to recreate the effect using pedals and plug-ins, so that we could record more dynamic and interesting drum/percussion tracks.

All that said, I recorded a whisper-quiet vocal track last night, fed it to a reverb and a delay. and bounced it to disk to demo to the others. I also filtered the delayed signal, so that only anything above 3kHz was coming through.

Delayed Sway

It's a bit bright sounding, and it's limited by having the same drum pattern all the way through it, and there's no bass or anything fancy on it. But it's quite nice I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home