.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

February 10, 2004

You're my Sunny Day

While I've known for a long time that Duane Allman was highly rated, I almost like the idea of Duane more than I do the actual music. This week I've been listening to At Fillmore East on the way to work, and it's not a bad thing to have going on while you're pootling along, not in a particular hurry to get where you're going. Seems to be the right kind of vibe for that kind of a ride.

But while I've always wanted, in my heart, to dig Duane, the fact is that Brothers & Sisters is more my kind of thing. Back in the 70s, my late night Radio Caroline sessions were always lifted when they played Jessica. And I went on loving Jessica, even on Top Gear (in fact, I'm still disappointed that they re-recorded it a few years ago to save on royalties). If I could have only 3 Allman Bros. songs, they would be Blue Sky, Ramblin' Man, and Jessica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home