.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

January 30, 2004

Anolo Gay

Just obtained a new Meyer Anolon French skillet, which was quite expensive but looks nice.

I love good cookware. I love stuff that is "restaurant tested by professional chefs." As if.

You can tell you're not a teenager anymore when you get excited by kitchen equipment. Years ago, it was, I purchased some ICTC Cuisinox saucepans. They cost an absolute fortune (as you can see, they still do), but you get what you pay for. Purchased in 1986, but still going strong, and showing no signs of falling apart. The handles are usually the first to go, but these are as solid as ever. They've taken some knocks over the years, but to look at them you wouldn't think they were any older than 5 years.

I feel the same way about my Henckel knife drawer set. Incredibly sharp knives that I am regularly risking the tops of my fingers with, but which are the sheerest pleasure to use. My guitar playing hand, too, ooh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home