.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

February 06, 2004

Groundhog Day

I read somewhere this week (must have been in that Independent article) that Groundhog Day, so-called, falls halfway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. And it's after G-Day that you begin to notice the days getting longer.

This is extremely true, I love this kind of thing. In fact today you can feel spring in the air and looking out of the office window, it is still (just) light. I also love the fact that the G-Day tradition actually goes back to an earlier, European, Hedgehog Day tradition. It's just that Europeans weren't stupid enough to continue said tradition once electricity and the printing press were invented.

Spring really begins for me when I can leave the office at 6 o clock and it's still light enough to see. The downside of spring is that people can see you pick your nose in the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home