.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

March 30, 2004

iPhoto Book

My first iPhoto book arrived today. Supposedly shipped this time last week, but came from Germany, via the asteroid belt, apparently.

Two things to say about this. After making us wait 2 years for the European book service, they could have at least sought to localise it by country. Seems ridiculous to have to pay shipping costs from Germany when there must be plenty of companies in the UK capable of producing a book of prints. But I expect it was all about the cut offered to Apple.

Which is the second thing. The quality just isn't there, not with this one I have on my desk right now. The pictures, which I know are good, high resolution, and which I have previously printed on my Epson inkjet with excellent results, in this book they look like screen grabs, with that television screen effect of softness and lines. I suspect possible corner cutting due to the hard bargain driven by Apple.

So, for me, a bit disappointing, not to mention expensive, at around 26 quid including shipping from Ceres.

On the other hand, for the grandparent and other non-perfectionist relative in your life, still a potentially great present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home