.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

April 21, 2004

Canon fodder #2

It's just been a day, but I think I'll be keeping the Powershot S1 IS. While the images still look like they came from a Canon, they're nowhere near as soft and misty looking as those from other Canon models I've tried. The image stabilisation seems to work well.

I'm still not 100% sure. I have qualms. There's no Macro mode, for a start, and compared to both Minoltas I've tried, its autofocus struggles. I don't know if I can live without Macro, and there's little point in countering camera shake if the thing doesn't focus in the first place.

The full screen movie mode is very useful - very good quality, and you can really capture quite a lot of footage if you have a big enough memory card.

I took some portraits of the kids this morning at breakfast and I'm pleased with them - with the caveat that a couple weren't quite in focus, something you can't really see on the LCD or the electronic viewfinder. But the colours were rich and the good photos were very god indeed.

So what are you gonna do? No camera is perfect, and I don't want to spend any more than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home