.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

July 19, 2004

More Paella

For my wife, Paella is comfort food. When we go back to France to visit the in-laws, there is always one paella night, cooked outside, before we leave. I've been exposed, in France, to eating most of the things I swore I would never eat... most of them get put into the paella: rabbit, pigeon...

I don't mind, it's all one big flavour anyway. On the say we visited Arles, my wife sat and ate paella, but I had a steak... a bull steak... and we sat beneath a huge stuffed bull's head in the restaurant. I don't approve of bullfighting, but you couldn't deny the atmosphere: all the old Roman buildings, including the amphitheatre, mariachi bands on every corner, and crowds and crowds of people. Olé.

paella_again
Originally uploaded by mcmrbt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home