.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

July 22, 2005

Eh?




You gotta love those Amazon.com recommendation algorithms. "People who bought that also bought this" is one thing, but when it comes to categorising your tastes and basing recommendations on them, there's a long way to go, and the views aren't great. Simon has some interesting stories to tell about this.

My own personal favourite experience was when I'd purchased Brothers and Sisters by the Allman Brothers Band (y' know, for Jessica), and I received an email that went, "As someone who has previously purchased melodic pop, you may be interested in the new Cliff Richard record..."

Here's the new low, though. Because I like country music and have previously purchased Martina McBride records, how would I like a Barbie Collector Martina McBride Doll?

Well... does it have realistic pubic hair and nipples?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home