.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

August 23, 2005

Orange Skin and Orange Country

Here's a weird connection for ya.

I was just idly thinking about who are the nice ladies on TV at the moment, and I was going to mention Navi Rawat, who made a guest appearance in last nght's Without a Trace on Channel 4, and who is a recurring character in The O.C. as Theresa, the lovely and less annoying girlfriend that whatsisname could have instead of chasing around after the vacuous Marissa. She's been in Angel, too, so she gets around.

Weird name though.

So I was going to mention her, but then the thought of Orange made me want to mention Sharon from EastEnders. Every time I see her on screen, I want to reach for the remote control to adjust the colour. Surely nobody is that orange? For chrissake, she looks ridiculous. Someone should tell her. Simon loves the orange people, I know, but this is taking things too far.

On another subject entirely I can report that when the new-address confirmation came through from Norwich Union, it was indeed incorrect. So: 10 mins and 45 secs on the phone to a call centre, and they still get the address wrong. All the things I spelt were correct, but they'd included "Long Eaton" in my address (where I lived until last year). Long Eaton is in Nottingham. So now I live in "Buckingham, Long Eaton, Buckinghamshire," apparently.

I wonder if I moved to, say, Luton, whether the address would start to read, "Luton, Long Eaton, Buckinghamshire" or something like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home