.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

October 26, 2005

Nostlagia Bulletin

Thanks to Guitargas reader Daen for this priceless link to Vintage Times, which is a wonderful collection of scanned Radio- and TV Times covers.

There's an embarrassment of riches there, like the myriad Doctor Who covers, or the one from Easter 1958, which put me in mind of the quote in the current Dilbert newsletter, of the student who asks if the footage on screen from The Passion of the Christ was "live footage".

But, I wondered, which is the first one I really remember? There are some that look familiar, like the Jon Pertwee Doctor Who cover from January 1970, but I think that'd because I saw it subsequently. When I was growing up, we'd only ever get the Christmas editions (you knew Christmas was coming when the Radio and TV Times appeared!), so I think the first one I remember seeing, proper, was 19 December 1970.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home