.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

November 16, 2005

BBC Music Quiz

I did shockingly badly on guessing the answers to the first 5 questions on this BBC Music Quiz, but then actually knew the answers for the final few making my score 5/10.

It is Friday.

Wait: it's not?


If you do as badly as me, take comfort in the thought that the questions may be incorrect, because they were set by teachers. I just did the English quiz in the same series, and scored 20/20 - but only by choosing the least wrong answer for one of the questions. It asked, what does "Ostentatious" mean? Correct answers might have included "tawdry", "vulgar" or (more colloquially) "showy." The BBC would have you believe that the answer is "pretentious." Eh? No, no, I really am ostentatious...

2 Comments:

  • you only just missed out on being les dawson. i got six out of ten. so there.

    By Blogger roy, at 6:16 am  

  • I got 5: but then again one of the questions was about Bach (who I love) and another about Gershwin (whom I adore).

    Music notes wise I suck big time...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home