.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

November 18, 2005

Seven out of ten for seventypercent.com

Mixed feelings about my first order from chocolate mavens Seventypercent.com

On the one hand, the chocolate I ordered is incredible - the Amadei has a clean snap and an amazingly fruity taste, as if it has black cherries embedded in it, except it doesn't.

So top marks for that. But it's one of those ecommerce sites that won't let you order if things aren't in stock (okay, if you have doubts about supply), so obviously what I ordered was shown in stock. Except it wasn't, so the order took a while to fulfill. Fair enough, there was a lot of publicity about the Amadei. I heard Jane Garvey tasting it and not being impressed, and I bet they got thousands of orders as a result of that. Oooh, if Jane Garvey doesn't like it, it must be good!

But the other disappointment was this: "Free Malagasy sample. Free samples of this exciting new chocolate from Madagascar with every shop order, while stocks last."

This message is still on their web site, but I didn't get no free sample. So if they're out of stock, they should take the offer down.

I've tried the purist 70% Amadei... now for the Bonnat 65% milk chocolate: "...milk chocolate that is as strong as a dark, yet tastes sweet and creamy like a milk!"

Ooo er.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home