.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

November 17, 2005

BBC - collective -selected review

My review of Joy Lynn White's One More Time is one of the "selected member reviews" over at BBC Collective. Catch it while it's hot.

The interview at Puremusic.com that I linked to the other day is a long one. Until she starts banging on about animal rights JLW makes a lot of sense (she probably makes a lot of sense on animal rights, too, but let's not get started on that). One of the reasons for her long career hiatus was the loss of a family member in a flood-related accident.

She also, typically, had record company issues (with Pete Anderson's label, which she describes as incompetently run), which was another factor. But then she got involved in theatre as well, so was appearing as Maybell Carter in some play about the Carter family. I guess the time adds up, and before you know it, it's seven years later.

I must say, I was thinking this morning how the FIFA World Cup tournaments seemed to have impossibly long gaps between them when I was a boy, but now we've barely finished complaining about the last one before we have to start complaining about the next.

As I get older, time moves faster and I remember less.

1 Comments:

  • mo'75 to that. in the domestic competitions in england they used to play games on a saturday afternoon, and the gap between one saturday and the next used to be a lifetime.

    By Blogger roy, at 3:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home