.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 22, 2005

Bad Ideas in Publishing

This morning I received an email from a pro-audio magazine, publicising their new on-line, all-digital edition. This is something I have, up till now, received through the post, in print.

I occasionally read bits of it, scanned the news, scanned a couple of reviews. Nothing much.

Do I want to "click the link" in the email and read a flash-based version?

First of all, "click the link" doesn't work in my email client of choice. So I had to open the mail in another client. Then I had to visit the web site and view the huge flash file, "complete with advertiser links."

Er, no. I'll read on-line articles of interest. I'll read blogs. But I won't hand around for a high-bandwidth, all-singing, all-dancing, animated-page-turning, Flash monstrosity. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home