.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

March 20, 2006

Before/after noise reduction

I mentioned earlier today that I'd applied some clever noise reduction algorithms to some old 1984-era cassette recordings, and I thought some readers might be interested in hearing the difference.

I'm no expert, and I've just done my usual bang-up quick'n'dirty job, but I think the results are still impressive.

Here is a good sample of the hiss before (the sample is just 19 secs, so won't take all day to download):


Powered by Castpost

And here is the after. Prepare to be amazed. There really is some very clever software out there, which is easy to forget if you use Microsoft Word for any length of time.



Powered by Castpost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home