.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

May 11, 2006

Apprehensive

I couldn't help watching The Apprentice, because my wife got hooked on it.

They were a really slimy sample of humanity, I thought, but for reasons which should be obvious I did actually enjoy seeing them all come unstuck in the hard-nosed interview sessions in the penultimate episode. Getting caught out with their lies on their CVs, not researching the company they wanted to work for... You couldn't help thinking they'd been chosen just because they were like that, because it makes for better television.

The winner is an odd fish. Looks like she's got a face stuck on top of her normal face, and seemed to have difficulties pronouncing straightforward words. I can't believe they really talk like that in Hull. Perhaps she comes from an isolated and inbred island community of double-faced people. Is there such an island in the Humber estuary?

In other news, I just came back from an interview. Took me 13 minutes to get home. Thirteen. Minutes. I can't remember what the job was now, but I've never wanted anything so much.*

Isn't it a lovely day?

1991...

===
*A degree of irony included

1 Comments:

  • I can't bare that program, it's like the slack leading the blind, followed by the stupid. It's just more reality fodder to have shoved down our throats. You're right though, you'd wish for more excitement when it comes to bye-bye time, but it just sort of leaves me cold.

    *good luck

    By Blogger HolySwerve, at 7:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home