.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

September 16, 2003

Marine Boy

With Neptina and Splasher. Now it can be told. I was in love with Neptina. Her lack of genitals didn't seem to be a problem at the time.

My favourite thing about Marine Boy were the oxygen tablets he took so he could swim under water. Along with the lack of jetpacks and anti-gravity boots, the absence of oxy tabs is one of the great disappointments about the future, the future we live in now.

I wrote that yesterday so of course I mean today.

I spent many hours at Luton Indoor swimming pool pretending I was Marine Boy, and pretending I had oxygen tablets. Oddly, I was very good at swimming under water. I could go a whole width of the pool. But then I stopped believing and now I can't even get my head under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home