.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

October 22, 2003

AlltheWeb.com

While it makes interesting reading, The Register's anti-google campaign is highly confusing to me. While I want to be groovy and leftist and take on board all the right-on anti-monopoly thoughts emanating from the Reg, I simply haven't got a problem with my Google searches.

Some of the examples they give are so odd; as one of their readers points out, "Watching baseball London" is just a bad search. I've always been google gifted, and 99 times out of a hundred I find what I want with the first search. Maybe it's a fault, but if I don't get what I want first time, I tend to think my search terms are at fault and change them. Again, 99 percent of my 1 percent failed first searches are fixed with a change of search term.

What this indicates to me is that there are some people out there who are too inflexible in their thinking to be able to imagine another approach to a problem. Which when you think about it is no surprise, because lateral thinking is a prized asset and can't be faked. People with an inability to think laterally are being found out by Google, which is extremely interesting.

when I'm looking for an image, I usually use AlltheWeb.com, which for some reason produces better results, especially if you're looking for people with no clothes on.

I always get so tired when faced with right-on people, I don't know about you. They pick on symptoms of a larger disease and blather on about them the whole time, and it gets exhausting. Not shopping here, not going there, not buying this, not using this software, this search engine, objection objection objection. In the end it's just white noise to me. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home