.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

November 10, 2003

identical

So the party on Saturday went okay. My eardrums were bleeding by the end of it, but with just one spilled orange drink and a few bumps from the play area, I think we got away lightly. Elodie then slept till 5 o clock, and we had a very peaceful Sunday, because they had plenty to keep them quiet. I do think that it would be much nicer to have a few kids round our house, because ultimately it's a bit impersonal and regimented, and it would be a lot... calmer and more enjoyable to play traditional games like Pass the Parcel and Musical Chairs.

Maybe next year.

Strange incident though. There're a couple of girls in ChloƩ's class who look almost identical (I don't know their names). But really. If I'd been told they were actual twins I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. One of them was a bit hot and thirsty at some stage, so I gave her a drink. Half an hour later, talking (as I thought) to the same girl, she said she was thirsty. I said, "Where's your drink?" She didn't have one. "But I gave you one didn't I?" She shook her head.

So I'm thinking, why is she lying to me so blatantly? A few minutes later, realised it was a totally different girl. So... same class, same village? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home