.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 01, 2003

relapse

Yester, I was feeling about 80% recovered from this cough the whole family has had for a couple of weeks. At around 9.30 in the a.m., the sky was bright and blue, not a cloud, and it was sunny and mild. So I decided to go for a 10 mile bike ride, my usual circuit.

Of course, as soon as I got out of the local microclimate, and onto the higher ground, I hit fog, which was only slowly being burned off by the sun, which was still low in the sky. And once I climbed the first hill, I had one of those coughing fits where you think you can taste parts of your liver in your mouth.

I got round okay, and felt quite good about it, but for the rest of the day I couldn't stop hacking, and it was one of those days where your brain seems to be shaking around in your head -- with shooting pain -- every time you cough.

It was quite hairy riding in the fog, too. In spite of the fact that I was wearing my special, all black, safety clothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home