.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

February 11, 2004

Well...

My blood pressure was even higher on the return visit to the nurse than it was the first time. It's the bottom figure that's high, the diastolic, which means that my heart isn't getting any rest or something. Last time it was /90 and this time it was /100.

So now I've got to go back for a blood test and other stuff, in a couple of weeks.

My sister has always gone on at me about taking relaxation lessons or something. I'm not what you'd call a hyper kind of guy, but I do always have to be doing stuff. That can be reading a book or playing my guitar, but it has to be something.

I'm peeved, because (occasional fish and chips aside), there's really not a lot in my life that seems that bad to me. I mean, there's not a lot else I could give up and still want to get up in the morning. For years, I've eaten a fairly good diet, very meditteranean, and I deprive myself of things like ice cream and even pizza. I only very rarely cook pizza now, which is my favourite thing to eat, and we never have it in the office any more (a few years ago we were sometimes having it twice a week, with different vendors coming in). But we realised how fat everyone was getting and knocked it on the head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home