.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

June 09, 2004

3 Days

3 days without chocolate. It's quite hard. Also Caramac. On the one hand, I'm a firm believer that it is Wrong to suck all enjoyment out of life; and I think that things that you like, that make you feel good, in moderation, are always good for you. On the other hand, I really need to lose several kilos. According to my good friend the Google Calculator, I need to lose around 6.35029318 kilograms, and then I will be in the safe range of the BMI.

Mind you, all the chocolate on display in the shop down the road looked a bit melty this lunchtime. are we having a heatwave or something?

I spent two weeks not walking down the road, because I was on the waiting list for the operation. You know, the operation where you have your olfactory receptors removed, the ones that identify fried food. So now I can safely walk down the road without wanting to eat chips. My nose is a little sore, and I have a great big bandage round the middle of my head, but at least I am not tempted to order a bacon sarnie,

As long as I eat my packed lunch first.

See, I love fish and chips, but I don't really love it from down the road. On an exceptional day, you might get a freakishly nice bit of fish and some well cooked chips, but this is a rare occurrence. So when I eat fish and chips, not only should it not be several times a week, but it should always be from a place like George's Tradition, with their award-winning fish and chips. This I am endeavouring to do.

In the same manner, I should save up my chocolate eating for some decent chocolate, some Lindt or something. I've spoken of this before. I shouldn't even look at the Cadbury and Nestle shit.

With the interminable summer of sport about to start, the British people are hunkering down for a long summer of pizza and beer in front of the telly, and I'm obviously going to be avoiding as much of this as possible. I have a hole dug ready in the back garden, and I just need to get the sand from the garden centre, or Toys R Us.

The tragedy is that a lot of people still think that, because it involves tomatoes, a pizza is a healthier option. This is along the same lines as arguing that crisps count as one of your five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. I remember seeing a TV programme on which a woman who was being critiqued on the contents of her fridge, and she said, in all seriousness, "Does orange squash count?"

Which is like the Homer Simpson question, "Does whiskey count as beer?" And, indeed, does tobacco count as a vegetable, because it is made of leaves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home