.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

June 11, 2004

I was guilty

In my teens and twenties, I was as guilty of anyone of holding up John Lennon as a saint, and The Cool One, and Macca was a bastard. But I got over it. Nobody's perfect (except me), and Paul was no worse, or better than John. They all came out of that madness pretty sane, considering, Paul possibly saner than he should have been. And he wrote some great songs, especially in the last few years of the Beatles, there were a lot more good Paul songs than there were John songs.

And people are just shitty to him, and he doesn't deserve it. Love this quote:
"Another thing was Heather's too old to wear above-the-knee boots. I said, 'Do you actually know why that is? She's an amputee, love. That's why she wears those boots.'"

Quite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home