.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

July 25, 2005

For your listening pleasure

bandana

Roy came over at the weekend and played a bit of guitar on a couple of things. I didn't pay him the usual Musicians' Union fee, so I had to guarantee him 75% of everything I earn from the track(s).

In the spirit of trying it on as many different systems as possible, I was listening to this in the car this morning, and I thought it sounded pretty good, until "Drive" by Alan Jackson came on straight after and shattered my illusions.

Still, this is approaching the kind of sound I want to be my sound. It's kind of chaotic but I think that helps. Roy plays the late-Velvets-style electric guitar in the left channel that comes in after the first chorus.

latest_news.mp3

The file is a 128kbps MP3, about 4MB in size, and it lasts 4 min 21 secs.

Feel free to cast it in your pod, or whatever it is you youngsters do these days.

3 Comments:

  • i'm not making excuses, but there is some serious latency going on with my contribution - i just don't play that much out of time.

    By Blogger roy, at 3:16 am  

  • it's only after the second chorus that it goes skewiff. there's feel, and there's so out that it's nearly on the next beat. but it's your thang.

    By Blogger roy, at 3:55 am  

  • the whole thing sounds great anyway, no rose-tinted headphones required.

    By Blogger roy, at 4:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home