.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

September 08, 2005

Houston...

We have a problem

I'm experimenting with working from home again tomorrow, which I'm really pleased about, and I have a view to make this a permanent arrangement. Working from home 1 day a week for me would represent a saving of around 7000 miles, or around £600 at current diesel prices. But the sense of wellbeing at 5pm, when I step out of my garage and go "home" - beyond price.

So the gods of instant karma looked down this morning and made sure that, since Thursday is my new Friday, they would make it a humdinger. Motorway closed both ways between J21 and J22. No problem. I was early enough to mosey on up the A5 and across the M42/A42 without too much pain. But then I arrived at J26 a bit later than usual and got stuck on that slip road for fully half an hour. All in all, my journey to work was 10 miles further and an hour longer.

But what I really really want to know is, when huge accidents like this cause massive disruption and misery, is anybody prosecuted? It would give deep comfort to my soul if I knew that the twattish tailgating lorry (or other) driver who caused the accident was prosecuted within an inch of his or her life. As the old saying goes, where there's a 10-mile tailback, there's a blame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home